Dr. Janice Chua
MBBS, MMED, FRANZCO
Eye Specialist & Surgeon
Dr. Janice Chua is an experienced ophthalmologist who has over a decade of experience in General Ophthalmology and Cataract Surgery. She has also gained further subspecialised skills in paediatric and adult squint and neuro-ophthalmology through the prestigious Ocular Motility and Neuro-ophthalmology Fellowship at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital and The Alfred Hospital.
Dr. Chua offers a wide variety of general ophthalmic services:
- Cataract Surgery
- Pterygium Excision and Graft
- Botox Injection for Blepharospasm
- Laser Procedures:
- Intraocular Lens Opacity (YAG Capsulotomy)
- Glaucoma Laser (YAG Peripheral Iridotomy, Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty),
- Retinal Laser (Retinal Tears, Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Treatment of lid conditions:
- Blepharitis and dry eyes
- Treatment of stye
- Surgical drainage for chalazion
- Treatment of Retinal conditions:
- Diabetic Macular Oedema and Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Intravitreal Injections
- Paediatric and Adult Strabismus (squint)
- Paediatric Cycloplegic Refraction and Amblyopia treatment
- Neuro-ophthalmology conditions
Dr. Chua currently holds public appointments as a General Ophthalmology Consultant, Neuro-ophthalmologist, and Strabismus Consultant at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital.
Besides clinical work, Dr. Chua is also a keen researcher and has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications. Dr. Chua is a regular volunteer in charity work and has been participating in international Ophthalmology outreach programs in Myanmar and Cambodia.
Dr Chua is also fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay.
The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
32 Gisborne Street
East Melbourne, VIC 3002